So You Want to Join Cadets!

For those 12 to 18 years of age, interested in joining Air Cadets please pre-register using the National contact tool here one of our Staff will be in contact and you will be informed when we are able to schedule a virtual information night. At that time, you will be sent a Joining Package that you will be able to complete ahead of time and a link to book an appointment to drop off and process the application. 

How do I Join?

Now that you are ready to join Air Cadets, you will need to go and visit us at the Squadron.  You will be required to complete a CF1158 (Application for Membership in the Canadian Sea, Army or Air Cadets) along with the Staff Cadet/Cadet/JCR Code of Conduct.  We can provide you with a forms or you may choose to download the forms using the link at the bottom of this page and complete it prior to your arrival.

When you come you will need to bring a few things with you which include:
  • Proof of Canadian residency (Canadian birth certificate, Canadian Passport, Permanent Resident card, etc); and
  • a photocopy of the health insurance card (where available).
These completed forms, along with the photocopies of your health insurance card and birth certificate start your Cadet Personnel Record. Your Cadet Personnel Record is stored securely at the Squadron and we are bound by Treasury Board guidelines regarding the storage and transmission of personal information. There is no need to send forms or documentation anywhere!

Access to Cadet Personnel Records are restricted to those individuals authorized by the Canadian Forces pursuant to the provisions of the Privacy Act and the Access to Information Act.

Cadets and their parents or legal guardians may have access to the cadet’s file by way of a request the Commanding Officer or the Administration Officer of the Cadet Corps or Squadron.

Cadet Personnel Records are kept until the date at which the cadet reaches the age of twenty-five. The files may only be destroyed at that time in accordance with the Defence Administrative Orders and Directives (DAOD) on the Management of Recorded Information and the Treasury Board Policy on the Management of Government Information.

When you leave or age-out of Cadets, you may ask for a copy of your Cadet Personnel Record should you require it.

Who Can Join?

To be eligible for membership as a Cadet one must:

  • Be a legal resident of Canada;
  • (A legal resident of Canada is a Canadian citizen, a landed immigrant, or, the dependant of a person who is lawfully resident in Canada on a temporary basis for the purpose of education or employment).
  • Provide proof of provincial health insurance coverage or equivalent;
  • Be at least 12 years of age
  • Not have attained 19 years of age;
  • Normally be in good physical condition;
  • Not belong to another corps or squadron; and
  • Be acceptable to the Commanding Officer (CO) of the cadet corps or squadron.